Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Relationships



Throughout my life I have always dated people who were not right for me. They were the ones who would treat me right for a short period of time then they would end up hurting me. Either by lying, cheating, using me, or belittling me to the point I didn't have any confidence in myself. I always thought I deserved being treated this way because obviously I had did something to deserve it. 

However looking back on it now I never deserved to be treated that way. I did everything I could to make them happy. I gave them so much to get so little in return. 

Once I got active in the church I still believed I wasn't worthy enough to have someone that would treat me right. So I fell back in to the same routine of letting guys use me and hurt me. Which lead to me feeling more lost and confused than ever because I wasn't doing the things I needed to be doing and I was destroying myself spiritually. 

After I made my decision to finally move forward and not let people hurt me anymore Heavenly Father blessed me with someone who I never thought would give me the time of day. For once I had a guy who treated me with respect. He didn't want anything from me but my friendship and wanting to get to know me more. He truly opened my eyes to what I need to look for.

Even though it was just for a short while he helped me grow in to someone I never thought I could be. Yes I still struggle with my confidence and how I feel about myself, but he helped me realize I am an amazing daughter of God and that I should never settle for less. I truly want to thank him for that and I sure hope in the end he can still be someone I can turn to when I am having my bad days. 

I never thought I'd be lucky enough to experience something so amazing. Yes right now it hurts because I don't want it to end, but it's God plan and I have to believe he has other blessings in store for me. I just have to make it through this trial. As they say Heavenly Father places people in to our lives for a reason good or bad they all teach us something. I just want to thank Heavenly Father for showing me what I need in my life relationship wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment